Hello my dear readers! For those who don’t know I decided that I wanted to chronicle my experience of starting a blog. The intent is so others can learn what it takes to start a blog, learn from my mistakes throughout the process, and to hopefully provide some humor and enjoyment to your day. If you want to learn how to start a blog, I created a tutorial on how to do so through Bluehost. (this post contains affiliate links, but only those I personally use!)
I’ve decided these weekly updates will be posted on weekends and will consist of 7 categories.
- Blog posts that I published
- Blog Improvements
- Personal Accomplishments
- Extra Income I earned
- Extra Income I received
- Goals I accomplished during the week
- Goals for Next Week
I know this will be very similar to my monthly income reports, but I think having weekly and monthly goals are going to help me stay focused and break my bigger goals down into smaller ones. This should help me in accomplishing my monthly goals, but also allow me to celebrate additional small successes that may happen throughout each week.
So this is the end of week 12 of the life of my beloved blog. I am very proud to say that I was so much more productive this week than I have been in the past few weeks towards the beginning of the week! I slowed down towards the end of it, but I’m still proud! I got a lot of work done simply because I stopped making excuses and stayed focused instead.
Just a warning! The next two weeks are going to be crazy busy for me! I have several mystery shops lined up this upcoming week, and my husband and I are going to a family reunion for about a week starting next weekend! The weekend after that, my best friend of all time is coming for a visit and I plan on spending all my time with her! (It’s been forever!!!) So please be patient with me these upcoming weeks! I will do my best to keep content coming, but I’m not sure if I will have access to Wifi during the reunion. I’ll keep you informed as best I can!
You can check them out here:
- I was added to an Income Report List on CashFlowDiaries.com!!!
- Holly from ClubThrifty.com somehow found her way to my little blog and commented on my June Income Report!
- I was asked to guest post on someone else’s blog and someone is interested in guest posting on my blog as well!
- I’ve actually noticed several popular bloggers finding their way to my blog! This is soooo exciting!
- My husband and I finally sat down and reviewed our wedding video and provided our editing feedback so that we can FINALLY get our wedding video! (This has taken us over year to do because we’re ridiculous lol)
- We also finally provided final feedback on our wedding album!! (which has also taken us over 1 year to do because we are ridiculous)
- I have been improving at my new position at work!
- I read one book this week!
- My husband went grocery shopping with me!
- My husband and I are finally really truly starting to agree on our financial goals! We are so motivated to have our 2nd loan paid off by the end of 2016. This is a much larger loan and we’re not sure if this is an attainable goal with the 2 vacations we have the next 2 months, but we are going to do our best!
Extra Income I Earned:
(If you would like to learn how you can start earning extra income, check out my Recommendations page) Please note I do not included Google AdSense income here because it isn’t confirmed until a month later.
American Consumer Opinion: $4.85 currently in this account. (+ $0.20)
Inbox Dollars: $20.62 (+$0.50)
Swagbucks: 1,437 points (+11)
ShopKick: 14,382 kicks (+200 kicks)
I highly recommend this app! Feel free to join using my referral link lincoln56422
Mystery Shopping: $67.50 (but $30 is reimbursement for dinner)
Extra Income I Received: $47.50
1. Mystery Shopping $47.50
This Week’s Goals:
I decided that each week I will set 10 small goals for my blog. All of them should be helping me reach my bigger goals that I set each month.
- Be approved for one new affiliate partner-Fail. I considered this a fail, because I applied for 1 new partner, but I haven’t been approved yet.
- Work on my Tumblr page– Fail. Again….sigh.
- Update all of the pictures on my blog-Pass! I finally updated all the pictures on my posts. I didn’t have time to replace them on my past posts but I did make them!
- Grow my Pinterest account to 1100 followers- Fail. I did grow my followers to 1032 though!
- Publish 2 posts-Pass! I posted June 2016 Income Report, and Free or Cheap Things to Do This Summer
- Join a new Facebook group- Pass! I actually joined a few new groups! Frugal Travel with Holly Johnson, and Women Winning Online. I am also a member of Becoming Wellthy, and Blogging Biz on Turbo, but have been a member with those for a while.
- Look for a new theme for my blog-Fail. I Didn’t invest time doing this.
- Earn $100 in extra income-Fail. One of my mystery shops were rescheduled for next week (out of my control). I did earn $38.31 and will be reimbursed for a $30 dinner we had this week!
- Learn how to use one of my plugins effectively-Fail. I didn’t invest time doing this either.
- Grow my subscription list by 1-Pass! I actually grew by 2 subscribers!
Next Week’s Goals:
- Apply and be approved to 1 new affiliate partner
- Grow my Pinterest account to 1200 followers
- Grow my Twitter account to 80 followers (I’m currently at 73)
- Work on my Tumblr Page.
- Research new themes for my blog
- Earn $200 in extra income (I have some big shops this week so I set my goal a little higher so I can push myself harder)
- Continue working through a blog improvements tutorial I’m taking
- Publish 2 posts
- Have content outlined for next week
- Add all the updated pictures I made to my previous posts
Guys this blogging business is so much fun!!!! I am so committed and I can’t wait to see how my blog continues to grow! I do know that growing this blog is going to become a lot harder now that I am starting my new position, but I plan to push through! I hope that you are feeling inspired to start your own blog or to follow your own dreams! If you’d like to start your own blog, I created a tutorial on how to do so using BlueHost. Check out my How to Start a Blog Page to start your own blog!
Share below what you have been doing this week to meet your blogging and personal goals!