Hello my dear readers! For those who don’t know I decided that I wanted to chronicle my experience of starting a blog. The intent is so others can learn what it takes to start a blog, learn from my mistakes throughout the process, and to hopefully provide some humor and enjoyment to your day. If you want to learn how to start a blog, I created a tutorial on how to do so through Bluehost.
I’ve decided these weekly updates will be posted on weekends and will consist of 7 categories.
- Blog posts that I published
- Blog Improvements
- Personal Accomplishments
- Extra Income I earned
- Extra Income I received
- Goals I accomplished during the week
- Goals for Next Week
I know this will be very similar to my monthly income reports, but I think having weekly and monthly goals are going to help me stay focused and break my bigger goals down into smaller ones. This should help me in accomplishing my monthly goals, but also allow me to celebrate additional small successes that may happen throughout each week.
So this is the end of week 15 of the life of my beloved blog! I mentioned in my last report last week, that this week I was strictly focused on preparing more content. I outlined about 18 posts and started writing about 6. So I didn’t reach my writing goals but I should definitely be prepared to have content posting during my vacation next week!
Blog Posts: none (as planned)
- I wrote the first rough draft of my guest post that should be appearing this month! I will announce this soon!
- I changed the permalinks on my website so that they reflect the name of my post instead of a random page number. Hopefully this will increase my page views! I did notice there is now an error in the permalinks of my tabs though so I will need to devote time to fixing this.
- I attended a book sale at my local library yesterday! Got some fun books for super cheap (some of them as low as $0.25) but I also got 2 free books since they are giving 1 free book for every 3 books you read this summer!
- I bought all the travel items we should need for our cruise next week. We’re only taking carry-on luggage to save money, so I needed smaller sizes of anything liquid we are taking with us.
- I am almost finished with one of the personal development classes I have been taking for free through my job.
- Due to our diligence this month, my husband and I have money budgeted for our vacation next week, are able to pay for some dental work I need done without dipping into our emergency fund, AND we are making a payment on another loan that would be equal to 3 months’ worth of payments on the next loan we are focusing on paying off! I’m super excited about that last part and hope to have this particular loan paid off by the end of 2016.
Extra Income I Earned:
(If you would like to learn how you can start earning extra income, check out my Recommendations page) Please note I do not included Google AdSense income here because it isn’t confirmed until a month later.
Surveys: $0.63 (another low week)
American Consumer Opinion: $9.20 currently in this account. (+ $0.20)
Inbox Dollars: $21.04 (+$0.34)
Swagbucks: 1,453 points (+9 SB)
ShopKick: 15,142 kicks (+135 kicks from walking into 3 different stores this week)
Mystery Shopping: $20.00
Extra Income I Received: $141.65
- Mystery Shopping- $131.50
- Surveys- $10.15 (payment I requested from American Consumer Opinion in May)
This Week’s Goals:
Originally, I decided that each week I will set 10 small goals for my blog. All of them should be helping me reach my bigger goals that I set each month. This week is different as it was strictly a content prep week.
So these were my goals for week 15. I set the bar really high as far as how much content I wanted to create. I didn’t quite meet that, but this was a fantastic brainstorming and outline writing week!
- Do not publish any additional content- Pass! Well that was easy enough to just not post anything I’ve written prepared.
- Prepare 12 posts in preparation for our cruise vacation next week. – Fail. I did outline 18 posts, but I didn’t completely write 12. 12 is quite a lot really so I knew I was setting the bar high.
Next Week’s Goals:
- Continue preparing 12 posts for the future.
Guys this blogging business is so much fun!!!! I am so committed and I can’t wait to see how my blog continues to grow! I do know that growing this blog has become a lot harder now that I have started my new position, but I plan to push through! I hope that you are feeling inspired to start your own blog or to follow your own dreams! If you’d like to start your own blog, I created a tutorial on how to do so using BlueHost. Check out my How to Start a Blog Page to start your own blog!
Share below what you have been doing this week to meet your blogging and personal goals!