Hello my dear readers! For those who don’t know I decided that I wanted to chronicle my experience of starting a blog. The intent is so others can learn what it takes to start a blog, learn from my mistakes throughout the process, and to hopefully provide some humor and enjoyment to your day. If you want to learn how to start a blog, I created a tutorial on how to do so through Bluehost. (this post contains affiliate links, but only those I personally use)
I’ve decided these weekly updates will be posted on weekends and will consist of 7 categories.
- Blog posts that I published
- Blog Improvements
- Personal Accomplishments
- Extra Income I earned
- Extra Income I received
- Goals I accomplished during the week
- Goals for Next Week
I know this will be very similar to my monthly income reports, but I think having weekly and monthly goals are going to help me stay focused and break my bigger goals down into smaller ones. This should help me in accomplishing my monthly goals, but also allow me to celebrate additional small successes that may happen throughout each week.
So this is the end of week 2 of the life of my beloved blog.
You can check them out here:
- I was able to add hyperlinks within my posts
- My blog went international!
- Contacted 2 Pinterest Group Boards
- Gained 3 followers on Pinterest
- Stopped providing daily updates and will instead post weekly updates
- Continued networking with other bloggers
- Attended a blogging Webinar by XOSarah
Extra Income I Earned: $20.00
(If you would like to learn how you can start earning extra income, check out my Recommendations page)
(I wrote this past after combining some of my earlier posts so I am unsure how much I made during this time)
Mystery Shopping: $20.00
Extra Income I Received: $0.00
This Week’s Goals:
I decided that each week I will set 10 small goals for my blog. All of them should be helping me reach my bigger goals that I set each month.
- Update my PayPal business account
- Link Google Analytics to my blog
- Create a content schedule
- Place picture of myself in my About Me Page
- Update my blog tabs and file posts accordingly
- Post 3 professional posts
- Gain 3 followers to my business Pinterest account
- Create a Hire Me/Contact page
- Create a disclaimer page
Next Week’s Goals:
Guys this blogging business is so much fun!!!! I am so committed and I can’t wait to see how my blog continues to grow! I do know that growing this blog is going to be time consuming and require commitment, but I plan to push through! I hope that you are feeling inspired to start your own blog or to follow your own dreams! If you’d like to start your own blog, I created a tutorial on how to do so using BlueHost. Check out my How to Start a Blog Page to start your own blog!
Share below what you have been doing this week to meet your blogging and personal goals!